Code of Ethical & Professional Standards
As a member of the Society for Human Resource Management, I pledge myself to:
* Professional Responsibility: I will add value to the organizations I serve and will contribute to the ethical success of those organizations. I will accept professional responsibility for my individual decisions and actions, and advocate for the profession by engaging in activities that enhance its credibility and value.
* Professional Development: I will strive to meet the highest standards of competence and will commit to strengthening my competencies on a continuous basis.
* Ethical Leadership: I will exhibit individual leadership as a role model for maintaining the highest standards of ethical conduct.
* Fairness and Justice: I will promote fairness and justice for all employees and their organizations.
* Conflicts of Interest: I will maintain a high level of trust with my stakeholders. I will protect the interests of my stakeholders as well as my professional integrity and will not engage in activities that create actual, apparent, or potential conflicts of interests.
* Use of Information: I will consider and protect the rights of individuals, especially in the acquisition and dissemination of information, while ensuring truthful communications and facilitating informed decision-making.
This Code of Ethics for members of the Society for Human Resource Management has been adopted by the Sioux Empire Society for Human Resource Management (SESHRM) chapter to promote and maintain the highest standards of personal conduct and professional standards among its members. In joining, a member espouses this Code, thereby assuring the public confidence in the integrity and service of human resource management professionals.
SESHRM Chapter Bylaws